Monday 15 November 2010

Editorial Illustration-Article Two.

New Scientist magazine.

Again I had a very strong idea of what I wanted my spot Illustration to look like for this article, an image that smoothly moved on from my previous brief.

___________



Here is an image I had previously screen captured onto my computer but I felt it corresponded well with the idea of man vs computer more so man being re-imaged/changed/manipulated by computers.

I jotted down a few ideas but decided to jump straight onto adobe illustrator to create a silhouette of a persons head (head referring to mind and behaviour) which soon took shape.

I then took this silhouette and placed it into photoshop and added gradients to it. I thought about black and white and how that would sit well within the article but as it was only a small image I thought I could make it slightly more interesting by adding colour... so did.
___________







The above image is the final illustration. The shuffled segments of the head reflect how the computer manipulates your mind and 'scatters your thoughts.' I wanted the head to look largely digitally manipulated and added lots of colour and then edited the head to look pixelated like the images i had screen captured. Again the piece has a decorative function but can be looked into as having more qualities than just aesthetic appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment