Friday 11 December 2009

Aquatint





10.12.09 was an interesting date indeed. My group had an etching workshop and we spent the day experimenting with aquatinting and going through the various processes. I didn't come prepared with a linear drawing, which in a way worked out. I decided to recreate the focal point in Michelangelo's 'Creation of Adam'. I was very impressed with the result and the group produced some gems. Patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to aquatinting.
(The dodgy webcam pictures are the result of a lack of batteries which keep my decent camera alive)

1 comment:

  1. I never really got along with etching. I feel the feel of texture rather the line but hey I'm really liking how yours turn out, and especially the relief you get. But hey early days. I see eye tatts are picking up these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete